Evaluation – Audio Project

For this project, we were to recreate the audio for a game trailer. This includes the recording and editing of audio clips, applying them to the audio and uploading them on to the youtube channel.

The start of the project went fairly well – Planning went smoothly and the early recordings went fine, however we did miss quite a few opportunities for sounds and did have to go back to record new audio. Some of the audio clips were also not recognised when put into Audacity or Adobe Audition, so they also had to be re-recorded.

Editing the Audio went well, there were no issues with the software and computer. However, I do think I spent too long on a lot of the editing with not much payoff as the quality for a lot of the edited sounds were also below my expectations. When the time came around to editing the video, I realised how little audio I actually had, and had to rush together a few audio clips to make the video seem less empty – and while it does seem less so than it was, it still is missing a lot of potential audio.

If I had stuck to the plan, made a more detailed plan and managed my time bette, I think the project would have turned out a lot better.